We had to go under the house yesterday and check the support beams to ensure that there was enough structure under there to accommodate the weight of the concrete countertops. I was under the house for a few hours working to make sure everything was good. Talk about an Ab Workout. I feel like I did 1000 situps. Lots of spider webs under there. Old wires and stuff, that I pulled out to clean it up a bit.
I found a support pillar that looks like someone did a quick one on it. I added a new cement pillar and some new 4×4’s right next to it to help with the weight.
My father-in-law came over today to pour cement, but we hadn’t finished with the countertop. So we worked on that all afternoon. Tomorrow, he is going to come over with my mother-in-law to pour the cement and finish it up.
We put an idea we had for the sink to sit in after the cement gets somewhat dry. Then we can pull out the PVC pipes and allow space for the hoses for the sink to fit in.
We will hopefully have a sink tomorrow and then we have to wait 30 days for the cement to cure. Once it cures then we can seal it. Hopefully, by this weekend, we will have the backsplash done too.
Thanks for reading!